Professional Indemnity Insurance

Professional Indemnity Insurance
Peace of mind for you businessQuote and Buy OnlineHelp and Advice Call +44 (0)1323 648000

See and speak to our Brokers Live! Click Here

Find Us on Facebook

Follow Us on Twitter

Accountants Professional Indemnity Insurance

Because you work in a wide and varied sector, your policy should be able to react to your business activities. The Institute of Chartered Accountants members must have Professional Indemnity insurance if they are a practicing accountant. Being an accountant you will know and understand that there is a lot of high expectation involved in your profession. All it takes is one unhappy customer to make a claim against you or your company and everything that you have worked for could come crashing down.

As accountants you will probably be aware of some, if not all, of your regulatory bodies such as:

  • Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICA - England &Wales)
  • Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAI - Republic of Ireland)
  • Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAS - Scotland)
  • Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
  • Chartered Institute of Management Accounts (CIMA)

Your regulating body will be able to give you guidelines with respect to the cover your professional indemnity policy should offer (if you speak with a specialist PI broker they will also be able to help you purchase the correct cover).

What am I covered against?

There are many risk factors in any business, but being an accountant means that mistakes can and do happen. Just one small error can cause major disruption to a client and it's likely that they will not think twice about issuing a claim against you. A few of the most common grounds for a claim are: